- Contracts & Disputes on Shipping Matters;
- Litigation arising out of disputes in the area of shipping law including a series of scenarios such as carriage of goods by sea, liability (collision, pollution), insurance matters etc.
- Recovery of Outstanding Payments;
- Ship Purchase in Greece & Abroad: International Purchase and Sale of secondhand Ships or new buildings (passenger, bulk carrier vessels, tankers, yachts) registered either under the Greek or foreign flags (our assistance includes negotiations, drafting of LOI & MOA on ship sale & purchase agreement, evaluating flag and classification society issues), We can assist on either local or International ship sales and purchases. Our deep understanding of IMO regulations and continuous education on the topic is a key to our successful involvement in the particular area of Maritime Law. We can assist on cross border vessel purchases;
- Corporate Law (Company Law) related services including the Incorporation of Greek and Foreign Legal Entities (corporations, trusts, foundations), Registration of Foreign Companies’ branches in Greece, and International Maritime Transactions,
The transactional support provided to our clients typically revolves around the commissioning of a new-building or the acquisition or sale of a second hand vessel registered or to be registered in Greece or abroad. We will typically advise clients on both the logistics of the transaction (closing meetings) and also on the content of the legal documentation that is typical of such transactions, particularly since such documents will need to be adapted in order to cater for the legal requirements for the vessel’s eventual registration.
In addition to the support of maritime cases in Greece, the firm has the ability to render services in various places of the world, using our network of collaborating maritime law firms and our familiarization with foreign maritime laws.